Discount code: #SOUNDMEXPRO
When ordering 5 licenses: pay 4, 1 free!
SoundMexPro - the professional toolbox for audio applications in MATLAB® and Octave
SoundMexPro transforms MATLAB® or Octave into a virtual recording studio and a "low-delay" signal processing machine. SoundMexPro supports an unlimited number of virtual sound tracks that can be mixed in real time to the channels of your sound card. The use of the ASIO interface for the output enables ultra-short latencies. You can apply signal processing in real time to any soundtrack or output channel using either the built-in MATLAB® script plug-ins or Steinberg 'Virtual Studio Technology' (VST) effect plug-ins.
The professional tool for multi-channel input and output and real-time processing of audio signals in MATLAB® and GNU Octave
SoundMexPro is a powerful tool for sound applications in MATLAB® and GNU Octave. SoundMexPro turns your MATLAB® or GNU Octave applications into a virtual recording studio or low latency I / O DSP engine.
SoundMexPro was specially developed to implement complex acoustic measurement tasks (psychoacoustics, physical acoustics, neurophysiology) with its MATLAB® object-like interface.
The advantages of SoundMexPro
- Multi-channel ASIO interface with low latency
- unlimited number of virtual audio tracks with real-time mixing and editing
- VST plugin interface
- MATLAB® / Octave script plugin interface in real time
- Real-time access to recorded data
- Low latency I / O with real-time processing
- graphical user interfaces for mixing and track control
You can test SoundMexPro for free: Download the fully functional demo version from the download area. All functions are presented in the detailed tutorial and some typical applications are shown in the extended examples that are supplied with SoundMexPro.
For a list with some references please click here.
SoundMexPro offers a variety of functions for audio editing with MATLAB® or GNU Octave, including a virtual recording studio and real-time, low-latency signal processing. Information on the technical requirements can be found in the Technology section.
The Applications section shows a description of some advanced applications with SoundMexPro.
The most important functions of SoundMexPro include:
- Multi-channel sound playback and hard disk recording with sample-accurate synchronization of all channels
- Unlimited number of virtual audio tracks (virtual recording studio).
- Real-time mixing and editing of the virtual tracks
- Level control for tracks and channels.
- Playback of multiple file formats and MATLAB® / Octave vectors.
- Sound "Add" mode: new audio data can be added at any time while the device is already playing (e.g. for online stimulus generation).
- Access to recorded data while the device is recording (e.g. for online evaluation)
- DSP plugins for real-time signal processing:
- Script-based plugins: Processing in blocks with user-defined MATLAB® / Octave functions that are called "on the fly" for each sound buffer.
- Support for Steinberg "Virtual Studio Technology" (VST) effect plugins
- File-to-file operation to test plugins or process audio data as quickly as possible
- I / O with extremely low latency (up to ~ 4 ms): Mapping of the recorded data to multiple output tracks with optional signal processing by plugins.
- Threshold controlled recording
- Real-time visualization of track (audio) data
- Real-time visualization of levels and spectra.
- Mixer GUI
- Xrun (dropout) detection
- Special command for 'highlighting' MATLAB® / Octave buttons: highlighting at desired playback 'positions' (for signal-synchronous user feedback)
- Additional scripting application for using SoundMexPro without MATLAB® / Octave
You can try SoundMexPro for free: Here you can download the fully functional demo version. All functions are presented in the detailed tutorial and some typical applications are shown in the extended examples that are supplied with SoundMexPro.
SoundMexPro is available in three different editions that support different functions (see the function matrix below for details):
- The Standard Edition supports all commands for playback, mixing, volume control, direct I / O and recording (except for calling up recording data "on-the-fly"). DSP plugins are not supported.
- The DSP-Edition adds the MATLAB® / Octave script-based DSP plug-in interface and the commands for block-by-block retrieval of recording data "on-the-fly" during recording.
- The VST Edition introduces the SoundMexPro VST Host, which enables Steinberg "Virtual Studio Technology" (VST) effect plug-ins to be loaded into tracks and / or input and output channels. You can develop your own plugins or use the multitude of plugins available on the market - many of them are free.
- The VST plugins cover a wide range of functions, for example:
- Fast folding plugin with partitioned folding. Use long impulse responses with ultra-low delay!
- FFT filter using "overlapped add" with "zero padding" with graphical user interface
- Hetero dyning plugin
- Extended visualization plug-in (level, spectrum, spectrogram)
The number of plugins is growing, plugin development on request is possible. A complete list of these plugins can be found in the corresponding manual HtVst-Plugins.pdf that is supplied with SoundMexPro.
|All commands for playback (including virtual tracks), mixing, volume control, direct I / O recording, visualization, etc.||x||x||x|
|"Recbufsize" and "recgetdata" commands for retrieving recorded data on-the-fly (while the device is recording)||x||x|
|MATLAB® / Octave script-based DSP plug-in interface and corresponding commands "pluginsetdata" and "plugingetdata"||x||x|
|VST host for loading Steinberg "Virtual Studio Technology" (VST) effect (DSP) plugins on tracks, input and output channels.||x|
|Loading of special Hörzentrum VST plugins that come with SoundMexPro.||x|
To receive the software updates, please contact us at: email@example.com
Note for purchasing the dongle version
When purchasing our SoundMexPro dongle version, you will receive the license key as soon as you have confirmed the arrival of your dongle.
If you have your own Fedex or UPS account and want to initiate shipping via collection, please contact us after ordering at firstname.lastname@example.org .